This distinctive bright white vegetable is a member of the cabbage family, making it a nutritional powerhouse that’s high in Vitamin C and folate.
How to store
Refrigerate in a sealed plastic bag, where it will keep for up to a week. Watch out for brown spots, which are an indicator that it should be cooked as soon as possible.
How to prep
- Rinse under cool, running water
- Use a sharp knife to carefully remove the florets
- Those prepared pieces can be stored in a sealed plastic bag for up to a week
Roasted cauliflower has a slightly sweet flavor, making it a perfect partner for grilled salmon or pork roast.
- Place recipe ready cauliflower in a roasting pan and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil
- Sprinkle curry powder on top, a little or a lot, depending on your personal preference
- Give the pan a gentle shake to coat the cauliflower
- Roast in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes
- Give the pan another shake and cook for an additional 5 minutes