Organic Broccoli, 1 Bunch
A member of the cabbage family, this cruciferous vegetable is packed with vitamins and sky high in nutrients including calcium.
How to store
Maintain the crunch by keeping broccoli hydrated. Wrap a damp paper towel around the stalks. Refrigerate in a plastic bag and use within 3-5 days.
How to prep
- Wash under cool, running water
- Remove florets by carefully running a paring knife around the stalk, starting at the bottom and working up toward the top in a circular motion
- Peel the stem and use in recipes
Roast broccoli makes a great side dish or a satisfying snack.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil over roughly 3 cups of broccoli florets arranged on a sheet pan
- Give the pan a little shake to ensure all the broccoli is coated
- Season with salt and pepper, or a pinch of red chili flakes, and roast for 15 minutes in a 400-degree oven
- After 15 minutes, give the pan a little shake and cook for 5 more minutes
- Remove from the oven and finish by squeezing the juice from half a lemon over the broccoli